- Carbon dioxide + water (+light energy) --> glucose + oxygen
- During photosynthesis, light energy is absorbed by the chlorophyll in the chloroplasts.This energy is then used to convert Carbon Dioxide and water into simple glucose.
- You can use iodine the test for starch (and prove photosynthisis has occured), put iodine in a leave, if iodine is present it will turn blue-black
- Leaves are well adapted because: most have a large surface area; they contain chlorophyll in the chloroplasts to absorb light energy; they have air spaces which allow carbon dioxide into the cell, and oxygen to leave; they have veins which bring plenty of water to them.
Limiting factors of photosynthesis:
- Light: if there is plenty of light, lots of photosynthesis will take place. If there is very little or no ligh, photosynthesis will stop regrdless of the other conditions
- Temperature: the rate of photosynthesis…