- Created by: James Storey
- Created on: 03-06-15 14:20
Performance analysis is an area of sports science that assists the coaching process through provision of statistical and video information.
Why analyse performance?
- Identify strengths and weaknesses
- To compare to national norms and averages
- To alter tactics and strategies in a game situation
- To plan specific training sessions
- To set performance goals (SMART targets) and give feedback
What is analysed?
- Physical factors- Fatigue
- Technical factors- Free kick accuracy
- Tactical factors- Defensive tactics
- Behavioural/psychological factors- Game attitude
- Coach observation
- Video analysis- Technical/tactical/physical/behavioural
- Testing- Physical/technical
- Notational analysis- Technical/tactical/physical/behavioural
- Questionnaires- Behavioural
- Biomechanics- Technical/physical
- Coachs' are often experienced and so understanding will be good-know what should be done in situations
- Real time evaluation/feedback
- Can make positonal/tactical changes
- Can see wider context of the game