- Mellow stone buildings, amazing games fields, colours, caps and cricketers were all symbols of athleticism.
- Athleticism was seen as the combination of physical endeavour( Trying hard) mixed with moral integrity ( A mix of honour, truthfulness and sportsmanship)
- Athleticism became a cult or craze.
- From 1950's team games were made compulsory and became intgerated into school curriculum.
- Specialists facilities were made.
- Land was bought and schools moved to places where there was more space for team games.
- Games were gaining status and seen as a way of developing the boys character.
- The aim of the game was to develop qualitiessuch as leadership, loyalty and honour.
- A second melting pot was developed mixing games from a…
Similar Physical Education resources: