- Created by: lucas
- Created on: 14-02-19 22:12
- What are the properties of a solid? molecules are packed together, and it keeps its shape, do not flow, particles are packed closely together and are not free to move about and the particles vibrate.
- what are the properties of a liquid?Liquids take on the shape of their container and particles have more space between them, so they are not fixed in position and therefore move randomly.
- what are the properties of gas?they are easy to compress, they expand to fill their containers, andthey occupy far more space than the liquids or solids.
- How do you calculate density?density=mass/volume
- What are the names of the changes of state
melt, freeze, boil, evaporate, condense or sublimate
- Describe how, when substances change state mass is covered
The particles in a substance stay the same when it changes state so the mass of the substance stays the same.
- Is changing state a physical change or chemical and why
Changes of state are physical changes which differ from chemical changes because the material recovers its original properties if the change is reversed
- What happpens when you heat mattter
Heating increases the internal energy stored within the system by increasing the energy of the particles that make up the system. This either…