- Created by: Najmxn1
- Created on: 22-05-21 22:21
Parsons: Instrumental and Expressive Role:
· Traditional nuclear family, the role of the husbands and wives are segregated – separate and distinct from one another.
· In Parsons’ (1955) model of the family, for example, there is a clear division of labour between the spouses:
Husband – Instrumental Role:
· Geared towards achieving success at work, so he can provide for the family financially – Breadwinner.
Wife – Expressive Role:
· Geared towards primary socialisation of…