Getting a higher grade
If you follow all of the previous advice, then you should have the following:
- a plan
- the purpose and audience
- a good structure made up of several main points
- varied sentence beginnings
- technical accuracy (punctuation and spelling)
To get a high grade, you'll need to use the following techniques:
- Tense - a persuasive letter is normally written in the simple present tense, eg "As Chair of the Friends of Gnashley High School, I am writing to ask you..."
- Linking language - use logical conjunctions such as therefore, furthermore, because etc.
- Clarity -…