- CPU - ensure instructions are correctly processed. Designed using Von Neumann architecture.
- The Von Neumann architecture replaced single use computers so that devices can do more than one thing at once.
- MAR - Memory address register, holds the address of the next instruction in memory.
- MDR - Memory data register, holds the data that has been fetched from memory.
- PC - Program counter, increments itself by one after every cycle is performed.
- ACC - Accumulator, holds the results of any calculations from the ALU.
- ALU - Arithmetic logic unit, carries out/performs calculations.
- CU - Control unit, controls the timings of all the actions within the fetch-execute cycle and determines where data goes to be carried out or the data that needs to be held…