Medical Physics (Part1):
- Human energy: - we take in chemical energy in food and drink
- We use it to move (kinetic energy),make noise(sound energy),gives off heat..
- Joule: -all types of energies are measured in joules(J).It is quite a small unit so (kJ) are commonly used. 1 joule of work = the energy require to move 1 metre against a force of 1 newton.
- 1 Joule = the same as 1 newton metre(Nm)
- Work : work is done when there is movement against ;
- - Any type of friction
- - The force of gravity
- - Or when a charged particle is repelled as it moves in an electric field
- Power : the rate of transfer of energy and is measured in watts
- 1 Watt = the same as another unit ,the joule per second (j/s)
- Energy transferred = the same as work done
- Power = work done…
Similar Physics resources: