- Created by: ArronK99
- Created on: 13-05-17 14:09
"Outline and Evaluate the Psychodynamic Approach in Psychology" 16 mark essay plan
- Discovered/invented the notion of the unconscious, which lies at the root of the psychoanalytical method.
- The Personality:
- Id - Pure excited energy. Primal urges (aka drives). Seeks pleasures.
- Ego - Reality principle. Tames the Id. Consciously aware of the demands of others.
- Superego - Conscience. Inner voice that tells us when behaviour is unnaceptable. Internalised parent.
- Psychosexual Stages:
- Oral, Anal, Phallic and Genital..
- A child desires bodily pleasure in each stage but is denied and restricted by…