Organisations Involved in Health Care

HideShow resource information

Local organisations provide Health Care for the community

HOSPITALS: For most illnesses like an upset stomach or an itchy rash, your general practitioner will be able to diagnose and prescribe medicines. But for some illnesses patients have to be referred to the local general hospital. They have doctors who specialise in certain areas of treatment, for example:

  • Routine Surgery - e.g. having your tonsils removed.
  • Paediatrics - children's machine.
  • Opthalmology - if they've got an eye problem.
  • Gastroenterology - if your bowels are causing the problem.

HEALTH CENTRES: A health centre is where many people go to see their GP…


No comments have yet been made

Similar Science resources:

See all Science resources »See all Health Care resources »