Organised by function, having functional areas: product, function or region:
- Managing director --> Director of functional area --> Manager of specific area.
- You have specialists that can concentrate on one specific job.
- Different departments may not work well together.
- Waste of duplication of resorces.
levels of Heirarchy:
- Increasing levels of responsibility.
- Acts as a motivator for workers, they can aim to move up and make more money.
- Lots of these means that communication is time consuming.
Wide span of control:
- Takes along time to get messages to all of the workers.
- Difficult to manage alot of employees effectivly.
- Major decisions are made by one person.
- People higher in…