Carbon can form many compounds because:
· Carbon atoms can form bonds with other carbon atoms to form chains or rings
· A carbon atom can form a single, double or a triple bond with another carbon atom
· Carbon atoms can form bonds with atoms of other elements.
Bonding and saturation
· Carbon is in group four and forms covalent bonds with other atoms.
· Hydrocarbons are compounds with only hydrogen or carbon
· A saturated hydrocarbon contains only single bonds only
· An unsaturated hydrocarbon contains carbon…