Fuels from Crude Oil
- Crude Oil is a mixture of hydrocarbons with different melting and boiling points
- Hydrocarbons are compounds made out of Hydrogen and Carbon atoms only
- It can be separated using fractional distilation
- During Fractional Distillation the Crude Oil is vapourised then enters the Fractionating Column and rises up.
- Hydrocarbons with short chains have the lowest boiling point as they have less intermolecular forces and are collected at the top of the column.
- As you go down the column the molecules…