SOCIALIST REVOLUTIONARY PARTY
- get rid of Tsar and government
- give all land to peasants to farm in communes, peasant communities
- power to the people?
- peasants, as there were benefits for them. Sometimes called the ‘Peasants’ Party’ because of this.
- propaganda against Tsar
- violence (murders of government officials and terrorism)
- Marie Spirodonova: although from a well-off family she hated the peasants’ suffering and wanted to kill the governor of her town, who tortured peasants who couldn’t pay their taxes. She shot him and was sentenced to death, later revoked to life imprisonment in Siberia.
- Also see: Catherine Breshkovskaya, Victor Chernov, Gregory Gershuni, Nikolai Avksentiev, Alexander Kerensky and Evno Azef
- overthrow the Tsar
- create a socialist state (note: what is socialism?)
- workers in cities and largely populated areas