- Created by: Kirsty Boyle
- Created on: 17-06-12 11:16
*OPPOSITION TO THE NAZI'S.
- In 1933, Hitler signed a concordat with the pope to protect the Roman Catholic Church in Germany. Nevertheless, Catholic groups were shut down and bishops were imprisoned.
- In the end only 50 pastors were put in prison for opposing as the Roman Catholic Church was the largest non-Nazi organisation left in Germany.
- Hitler faced opposition from army generals who disliked the influence that Nazi organisations, such as, the Gestapo and the ** had in military matters.
- Many people objected to being forced to join the Hitler Youth and the League of German Maidens, especially after it became compulsory…