- Is loyal to Lennie, always telling him how to behave/what to do, helping him stay out of trouble or sorts out any problems like in Weed
- Reasonably intelligent, clever as far as finding work is concerned
- Often says he's better off on his own
- Isn't just with Lennie because he feels responsible but for companionship and believes in American Dream with him
- George is the hero in Of Mice and Men but since he's just an ordinary man readers can identify with him and understand why he does things
- Can be fairly aggressive "You got nothing to do with us"
- Dislikes Curley
- Starts of defensive when speaking to Slim when he comments on the unsualness of two men travelling together
- Aggressive towards Lennie when frustrated
- George mentions to Slim that lonely men "get mean" and "fight all the time" - George is close to being like this, friendship with Lennie is the only thing stopping him
- Good at reading people, Curley's wife "I seem 'em poison before" warning Lennie to keep away
- Trusts Slim telling him about Weed "you wouldn' tell?/No, course you wouldn'"
- Also good at reading situations agreeing with Lennie that the rance isn't a good place to be after meeting Curley and his wife that…