Of Mice and Men - Chapter 1
- George and Lennie arrive at a pool of the Salinas river in California - they are described to us.
- George finds Lennie has a dead mouse he's been petting.
- The 'bad thing' in Weed is mentioned.
- George and Lennie talk about getting a farm of their own with rabbits which let them ' love of the fatta the lan''. This is the DREAM.
- George and Lennie are long term companions.
- George leads the way and Lennie willingly follows - COPYING HIM
- George is in a bad mood as they have had a hard few days, but Lennie only thinks about he present so he is happy and refreshed.
- Lennie keeps asking George ,lots of questions - like a demanding CHILD.
- George is irritated by all these questions - he's like a harassed and impatient PARENT.
- George says he would be happy without Lennie…