- Wall Street Crash and The Great Depression of the 1930s
- Migrant farmers headed to California but the people of California sent them back so they set up huge camps in the valleys - living in shacks of cardboard and old metal.
- The men agreed to hush-up the fight between Curley and Lennie and claim that Curley got his hand caught in a machine because they know that L & G would be fired and they'd be left with nothing.
- Chapter 1: G complains that caring for Lennie prevents him from living a free life. Highly dependant on each other though, you can tell from the conversation.
- Chapter 2: Curley's wife is introduced
- Chapter 3: G talks…