The Cosmological Argument
Cosmology - Argues for the existence of the world, and its perceived state of order, to the existence of a Creator, or God.
Plato's (428 - 374BCE) theory:
- Motion and change are brought about by something which is external to the things being moved or changed.
- There is a self-moving principle from which all change and motion originate.
- This principle is the soul and this is responsible for the world as it is
Thomas Aquinas's (1225 - 1274) theory:
1) The unmoved mover -
- Everything which is moving or changing is moved by something else.
- The instigator of the movement or change is also being moved or changed.
- This keeps going on.
- However this cannot go back infinitely, infinite regression is not possible.
- Therefore there must be a First Mover independent of…