Immigration in the 1920's
- Who were the original Americans?
- Who moved to America?
- Why did people move to America?
- What faced people when they arrived?
1. Native Americans lived across America before the arrival of the first settlers. When Settlers arrived, native americans were forced of their land. European immigrants numbered 40 million (10% of Europe) by 1914 and Black Africans brought to America by the Slave Trade reached 11 million by 1920.
2. The first people to settle in America were from European countries such as; England, Poland, Italy, etc. Most of the immigrants were WASP's or White Anglo Saxon Protestants from working class Europe. Most were pro-white as they deemed white people as supreme and black as inferior, so when they arrived…