The grade checker says that you need to be able to:
- recognise various pollutants of water
- analyse data on water pollution
----> Eutrophication - excessive growth of plants and algae in water, contaminated with nitrates
----> Indicator Species - species that survive best at a certain level of pollution, and give an idea of the level of pollution.
What pollutes our water?
- Oil which escapes tankers and oil pipelines out at sea.
- Acid rain which lowers the pH of our water.
- Waterproofing chemicals on…