Notes on questions I got wrong:
- Define relative atomic mass: LEARN EXACTLY
The weighted mean mass, of an atom of an element, compared to one-twelfth of carbon-12.
- How do you find number of particles?
1) First do Mass/Mr to find the number of moles in the product.
2) Then times the number of moles by avogadro's constant.
Moles x (6.02 X 10^23)
- How to find empirical formula:
1) Mass = percentage / Mr of each element
2) Amount = divide each amount calculated in (1) by the smallest amount calculated out of them.
3) Molar Ratio = try to get each answer calculated in (2) into an identifiable ratio e.g. 1:2
4) Formula = use numbers to construct formula using given compund name.
- What are the 2 ions released when Sulfuric acid is in an aqueous solution?
Sulfuric Acid is H2SO4 in water it releases H+ and SO4 2- ions.