sanctity of life (SOL):
- god is the creator and only he has the right to take life away.
- biblical texts used:
- ''you shall not murder'', ''the Lord gave and the Lord has taken away''.
- lifes end is a matter of Gods will.
- Euthanasia violates Natural Moral Law- preserving lives of innocent.
challenges to SOL:
- Liberal prodestants oppose euthanasia however it is justifiable if it is ''lesser of two evils ''.
- principle of double effect
- many religious belivers teaching about love and compassion i.e Situation Ethics conflicts with teaching of SOL.