Abortion issues ...
- 1968 abortion is made legal
- law states that 2 doctors must give thier official agreemnet- agreed if womans life is at risk or if her mental/social sitution is threatened.
- 1990 human fertilisation and embryo act limits abortion to 24 weeks.
- development: day 1 : pre-embryo starts growing- day 12: implantation- 3 weeks: the heart starts to beat- 6 weeks: brainwaves detected- 8 weeks: all organs are formed- 10 weeks: recognisable facial expressions- 20 weeks: sensitivity to pain and sound- 21 weeks: viability is posile.
sanctity of life (SOL):
- God is the creatot and life-giver and only God has the right to take life away.
- Biblical texts: "... you nit me together in my mothers womb" (psalm 139:13)
- " thus says the LORD, your redeemer, who formed you in the womb..." (isaiah 44:24)