- Created by: hannahrunciman
- Created on: 12-03-19 19:46
Legitimacy of authority -
· Most societies are structured in a hierarchical way.
· People in certain positions hold authority over us, the authority they have is legitimate in the sense it is agreed by society.
· Unbeneficial because some people are granted the power to punish others and we just trust that they exercise their authority appropriately.
Destructive authority -
· Legitimate authority figures using their legitimate powers for destructive purposes (i.e. Hitler)
Agentic state -
· Milgrams German hypothesis that sparked his initial interest in obedience led to Milgram proposing that obedience to…