- Created by: ballygirl1
- Created on: 01-04-19 11:19
Nutritional Properties of Food Materials
- Made from amino acids, these combine to make: muscles, hormones, skin, antibodies, nails, enzymes, cell membranes, and haemoglobin.
- In plant and animal protein there are about 20 various amino acids.
- Body can make some amino acids (non-essential), the other acids have to be obtained from the food we eat (essential).
- Human body needs all 20 amino acids. Children need 10 essential acids, Adults need 10.
- For body growth. Body Repair, Energy, Maintenance of health.