- about 17% of body is made up of protein.
- all proteins are made up of CARBON,HYDROGEN,OXYGEN and NITROGEN.
- arranged in units called Amino acids which form from building blocks of protein
-essential and must be included in all diets- for growth and repair.
excess is used for energy.
- two types of Amino acid: INDISPENSABLE( cannot be made in human body) and DISPENSABLE (body able to make).
- Indispensable: Leucine, Isoleaucine, Valine, Threonine, Methioninc, Phenylalanine, Tryptophan, Lysine. ( Lemon Is Very Tangy Mainly Pears Terminate Limes) - - - Rhyme to try remember
- Dispensable: Alanine, Glutamine, Arginine, Glycine, Proline, Asparaginc, Serine, Cysteine, Tryosine, Glutamic acid, Aspartic acid. ( Apes Give Ants Grief Pellating…