Notes on Dancing
- Dancing is the language of the body in this play.
- Dancing releases sexual energy/sexual frustration for the characters.
- Spiritual longing is soothed.
- Through dancing, the temporarily forget about their miserable existence.
- Dancing is a release of inner conflict.
- Dancing represent the joy of life.
- Dancing weaves a spell over them.
- Dancing symbolises pleasure.
- Dancing is a spontaenous outpouring of the inner lives and obsessions/emotions of the characters.
- Maggie releases anger over Bernie by dancing.
Similar English Literature resources: