Non-Specific Immune Response
1) Name two main types of primary defenses. (2 marks)
2) What is the epidermis and what cells does this consist of? (2 marks)
3) Explain how the skin is adapted to function as a defense against invading organisms. (4 marks)
4) What is the name of the process where the skins dead cells are replaced by keratinised layer of dead cells? (1 mark)
5) What features does the epithelial layer consist of and what is their role?
6) What is the function of mucus and explain how this can help to destroy pathogens? (4 marks)
7) How can the acidity of the digestive system destroy…