- Created by: Emma Boyle
- Created on: 30-04-15 19:51
Nicholas II (Birth-1904)
- Grew up in the shadow of Alexander III. Nicholas was small and reserved and often called 'girlie' by his father.
- Had no interest in Politics but believed he had been chosen by God to rule Russia is the 'Romanov' way.
- Referred to the idea of any kind of national assembly as 'senseless dreams'.
- Ignored discontent and disillussionment; instead implemented 'Russification' policies in an attempt to increase nationalism.
- Ignored methods of diplomacy and instead used suppression, e.g. through use of armies to combat strikes (uses of army per year increased under…