- Created by: annie_anders11
- Created on: 02-11-18 15:19
Before 1905, political parties were illegal in Russia. After 1905, many different parties formed. The 2 middle ground political parties were the Constitutional democrats (Kadets- more liberal) and the Octobrists - more conservative.
The Duma was created but power very limited - Tsar had ultimate power (Article 87)
- 1st Duma (468 seats. Kadets have 185 & Trudoviks have 94. SDs and SRs boycott it.)
- The Duma was strongly anti-government as dominated by Kadets and Trudoviks (split of SR).
- Main demand: land reform - taking more from landlords. Kadets supported that but also wanted State Council to be abolished and for the government to answer directly to Duma
- After 10 weeks, Duma was shut down leading to more liberal opposition…