Since the 1960's there has been a substantial amount of new religions and organisatons such as the Unification Church (The Moonies), Children of God etc...
Roy Wallis has catagorised these new religious movements into 3 groups.
1. World-Rejecting NRM's - These are similar to Troeltsch's idea of sects.
- Clearly religious with a clear notion of God
- Highly critical of the outside world, and seek radical change
- To acheive salvation members must break with their former life
- Members live comunally, with restricted access to the…