NEUROTRANSMITTERS: chemicals that allow impulses in the brain to be transmitted from 1 part of brain to other.
- 2 NT linked with Ag= low serotonin levels + high dopamine levels
**Serotonin: believed to reduce Ag by inhibiting responses to emotional stimuli(might have led to an aggressive response)
- low levels of serotonin= higher chances of ag, suicide or impulsive behaviour.
1) Mann et al
- 35 healthy subjects
- given drug that depleted serotonin
- Ag levels based on hostility scores on questionnaire
- lower serotonin=High A levels in males but not females
**Dopamine: high levels=cause aggression
2) Levine: amphetamine drugs increased aggression levels in normal people.
- anti-psychotics reduce…