- Created by: AmyBirch01
- Created on: 07-11-17 17:58
- Passes all data to all computers
- Leads to unneccassary network trafic
Network Interface Card/ Network Adapter:
- Conects computer to network
- Formats data using correct protocols.
- Examines data packets find destination address.
- Does not pass on the data to all parts of network.
- Reducs unnecessary network traffic.
Wired vs. Wireless:
- Can be moved anywhere in LAN.
- Internet connection/speed may be affected.
- Obsticles such as walls, doors or people can slow down the speed.
- Quick and cheap to connect devices once hub is owned.
- No tripping hazard.
- More devices can be connected - no plug in.
- Wired connection:
- Direct link to network.
- Increase in network speed.
- No obstructions e.g. walls to obstruct the path of data.
- Hard to eavesdrop on.
- Poor signal quality:
- Takes longer for data to get through.
- Hard to connect to network.
- Good signal quality
- Connect more easily to network.