- Created by: Ellene Mash
- Created on: 20-05-12 14:58
EDUCATION AND YOUTH.
- education became a tool for the consolidation of the Nazi system.
- In the Third Reich - education was intended to indoctrinate its youth in the principles and ethos of National Socialism.
- This was to be achieved through the traditional structure of the educational system but also via the development of various Nazi youth movements.
- control was taken from the regional states and centralised under the Reich Ministry of Education - the Reich Minister Bernhard Rust - was then able to adapt the existing system to suit Nazi Purposes.
1. Teaching profession itself was 'reconditioned'
- politically unreliable individuals were removed and Jewish teachers were banned.
- Many women were encouraged to conform to Nazi values by…