1. Nazi Views on Society: VOLKSGEMEINSCHAFT
- For Hitler - National Socialism was more than just a political ideology but a movement that aimed to transform German society.
- It rejected the values of : Socialism, Liberalism and big buisness
VOLKGEMEINSCHAFT : 'A people's community', socially unified and pure country that did not support Marxism or Communism.
The Essential purpose of Volkgemeinschaft was to overcome the old German divisions of class, religion and politics by encouraging people to work together.
- Nazism was built on the concept of race. - it was only
2. SOCIAL GROUPS
The revival of the economy + Hitler's diplomatic successes = German people's acceptance or at least tolerance of the regime.
- INDUSTRIAL WORKERS = the largest social group in German society.
- Initially, many workers had belonged to independent trade…