- Created by: Megan Phoenix
- Created on: 01-06-15 18:00
Nature and significance of 1549 rebellions -
- Highlight importance of economic factors in causing protest and rebellion.
- Scale and extent of upheaval and involvement of commons can be directly related to problems such as enclosure, rents and prices, taxation etc.
- Motivated not only by hardships but also by a sense of injustice, rights ignored and customary protection lost.
- Concept of the commonweal in danger allowed men who accepted the natural hierarchy to challenge the authority of…