ST.THOMAS AQUINAS - believed everything has a purpose (telos), believed little was gained from blind faith. Absolutist theory : (can be applied everywhere)
Started by ARISTOTLE and developed by AQUINAS.
Origins from Stoicism. The Stoics believed thatdestructive emotions resulted from errors in judgement
NATURAL LAW - AQUINAS:- This understanding of God's plan for us built into our nature at creation
- Everything has a purpose and function
- Supreme good (Eudaimonia) is found when this purpose is fulfilled
- The final cause can be achieved by living a life of reason
- Aquinas said humans are made in the "image and likeness of God" so the supreme good is a development of this image of perfection.
- The use of reason can discover the laws that lead to human flourishing
- By employing their power of reason, humans are putting themsleves in touch with natural law
DEVELOPED PERFECTION AND PURPOSE BY USING FOUR LAWS:
1) ETERNAL LAW - Mind of God which humans don't really know anything about. God keeps everything in the universe going…