- Created by: Mgseme2005
- Created on: 21-02-20 21:35
There are four types of bones;
Long bones :
- Found in limbs e.g humerus and femur.
- Used for movement, shape, blood cell production and mineral storage.
- Enabled gross movements e.g running
- Found in hands and feet
- Used for shape and small movements
- Designed for strength and weight training
- Enable finer movements e.g throwing a dart
Flat bones :
- Used for the protection of vital organs e.g cranium, pelvis and ribs
Irregular bones :
- Used for small movements and protection.