- Created by: alisha01v
- Created on: 23-11-18 10:52
- Murder is a homicide offence
- The crime is part of a family of offences where the defendant causes the death of the victim
- There is currently no statutory definition but Sir Edward Coke gave one in his legal texts, 'Coke's Institutes' in 1628
- This was updated in Archbold's Criminal Pleading, Evidence and Practice 2000, where it was stated that the crime of murder is committed...:
- 'Where a person of sound mind and discretion unlawfully kills any reasonable creature in being and under the Queen's peace with intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.'
- Murder is a…