- When 2 forces interact they exert EQUAL and OPOSITE forces on eachother.
- The RESULTANT force has the same effect as the sum of a number of forces all acting together on an object.
- Balanced forces.- resultant force = zero. An object will either remain stationary or continue at a constant speed.
- Unbalanced forces.- Resultant forces will be higher on one side. Object will accelerate. (speed up, slow down, or change direction.)
FORCE (N) = MASS (Kg) x ACCELERATION (m/s2).
- Distance time graphs.- Slope represents speed. Steeper the slope, the larger the speed.
SPEED = DISTANCE TRAVELLED (m) / TIME TAKEN (s).
- Velocity time graphs.- The slope represents acceleration. Steeper slope means larger acceleration.
The area under the velocity time graph represents distance travelled.
ACCELERATION (m/s2) = CHANGE IN VELOCITY (m/s) / TIME TAKEN (s).
On the Road.
- Frictional forces always oppose motion.
- Moving Vehicles experiance air…