- On a distance-time graph a straight horizontal line represents a time where the object is stationary, when there is a straight line that slopes upwards it represents the object moving at a constant speed.
- The gradient of a distance-time graph for an object represents the speed of the object.
speed (m/s)= distance travelled in metres (m) / time taken in seconds (s)
VELOCITY AND ACCELERATION
- Velocity is speed in a given direction.
- Acceleration is change of velocity per second. The unit of accerleration is m/s .
- Acceleration = change in velocity / time taken
- Decerlation is the change in velocity per second when the object is slowing down.
An object moving steadily round in a circle…