- Created by: vicky
- Created on: 31-05-12 11:56
Reaching a Verdict – How Psychology Can Inform Behaviour in the Courtroom
Reaching A Verdict
3.3 Minority Influence
· Minority influence occurs when a minority rejects the established norm of the majority of group members and gets the majority to move to the position of the minority.
Key Study: Moscovici, Investigation of the Influence of Perceived Autonomy on Minority Influence
· To examine minority influence.
· In particular, to compare the impact of a consistent minority and an inconsistent minority on the views of the majority.
· Moscovici proposed that the minority must be consistent in its views and that this consistency will create conflict in the others, leading them to question and possibly change their views.
· This experiment aimed to test the effects of consistency where the task is clear cut- unambiguous.
· All participants were female because…