- Eating can be referred to the fact it is a source of comfort, contributes to self image and is an important social function.
- Can be affected by stress:
- General Effect: Stress changes a person's consumption of food by creating physiological changes.
- Individual Difference: Where stress influences eating practices in particular groups of people.
- Differences may occur due to differences in childhood experiences of food attitudes towards eating or variations in biology that cause dissimilarities in vulnerability to the effects of stress.
- Vulnerable = eating more
- Low vulnerability = eating less.
- Garg: Found that participants consumed 28 per cent more…
Similar Psychology resources: