The Mojave Desert is situated in the west of the USA. It is the USA's smallest and driest desert which has 15-25cm per year. Las vegas is a city built in this desert. It is a fast growing city - the populalation is expected to double in 40 years.
The desert is used by:
- Tourists visiting areas such as Death Valley and Las Vegas.
- Military testing of airplanes and to train troops.
- Commercial Farming.
- Hiker and rock climbers.
- Off road vehicles making use of the varied terrain.
- Solar and wind energy generation.
Film makers attracted by the scenery.
- Retired people - Las vegas is a rapidly growing retirement site.
- Off-road Vehicles - These damage the sensitive desert cover. Driving off-road veicles in the desert damages the vegetation severely in areas that are regularly driven on. It…