- Metals can be coated with polymers (PP & PET) either for decoration or protection.
- Packing examples include food & soft drinks cans and paint & varnish containers.
- Nickel coated steels are used to protect the surface from corrosion in brake pipes & car suspension parts
Anodized Aluminum sheet
• Enhances the natural barriers.
• Anodizing aluminum makes the surface of the Aluminium more durable and resistant to scratches.
• It is then sealed with a lacquer.
• This is Aluminium sheet that has been treated in a chemical tank with an electric current.
• It has a harder surface than untreated aluminum and can absorb permanent dye.
• It is used to make coloured products, including jewellery, aircraft parts and window frames.
Nickel Plated Steel
• Good scratch and abrasion resistance
• Very good further processing characteristics (wieldable, brazeable)
• Excellent resistance against aggressive fuels such as bio diesel
• Nickel plated steel is a malleable material. This means it can be press formed into the required shape without tearing.
• Nickel plated mild steel is ductile. This means it can be press formed into the required shape.
• Nickel plated mild steel sheet is tough and will withstand minor impacts, helping to maintain product aesthetics.
• Nickel plated steel will not corrode which would spoil the aesthetic appearance of the pencil case.
• Nickel plated steel is less expensive than alternatives such as stainless steel or aluminium. Accept references to recycling and embossing.
• Can be printed on with flexography.
• High mechanical energy absorption in every direction
• Strain rate insensitivity
• Time and Temperature insensitivity
• Inflammable with no environmental degradation at high temperatures
• Acoustic and thermal insulating properties
• Low density and permeable material with numerous applications
• The defining characteristic of these foams is a very high porosity, typically 75-95% of the volume consisting of void spaces.
• Wide variety of applications in heat exchangers, energy absorption, flow diffusion and lightweight optics.
Polythene cored Aluminium sheet (Alu composite)
• It comprises two coated Aluminium sheets laminated over a polyethylene core.
• This sandwich setup allows it to achieve excellent mechanical performance at minimal weight.