- Created by: urghexams
- Created on: 29-12-18 13:20
metals - all you need to know ..
the structure of metals is a lattice full of positively charged nuclei and delocaslied electrons. The structure is held together by the electrostsic attraction between the positive nuclei and delocalised electrons ( also known as a metallic bond )
- delocalised - not fixed to any one atom,, the electrons are shared throughout
metals are very very good conductors because of the moving electrons, metals can carry an electrical current.
reactions with metals :
- metal + oxygen = metal oxide
- metal + water = metal hydroxide + hydrogen
- metal + acid = salt and hydrogen
the more the reactive metal , the faster and more the reaction will take place.