Growth of the cell, in terms of size and cytoplasm.
Synthesis of the DNA so there are 2 sets within the cell ready for the two new cells.
Even more growth of the cell.
- Nuclear envelope starts to break down.
- Chromosomes start to condense.
- Centrioles form spindle fibres which attach to the centimeres of the chromosomes.
- Chomosomes line up in the middle of the cell.
- Centrioles migrate to the poles.
- The Chromosomes are ripped apart at the middle, into two chromotids and the spindle fibres contract
- .The chromotids end up and the poles and spindle fibres break down.