- Throughout C20th scientists built upon the research and findings of earlier years.
- Techniques by Pasteur and Koch - used to find microbes that caused diseases
- Vaccines were created to stop people catching those specific diseases
- Knowledge of how microbes cause disease improved - cures; "magic bullets"
Development of Vaccinations
- 1906 - Tuberculosis (TB)
- 1913 - Diphtheria
- 1927 - Tetanus
- 1952 - Whooping Cough
- 1954 - Polio
- 1964 - Measles
- 1988 - MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
- C19th - Mendel…
Similar History resources: