Matters of life and death
Immortality of the soul- the idea that the soul lives on after the death of e body.
Paranormal-unexplained things which are thought to have spiritual causes, for example, ghosts, mediums.
Ressurection-the belief that after death , the body stays in the grave until the end of the world, when it is raised.
Why Christians believe in life after death
- Christians believe Jesus rose from the dead. All four gospels record that Jesus was crucified and buried in a stone tomb and on the Sunday morning some of his femal disciples went to the tomb and found it empty and then record different resurrection appearances.
- St Paul teaches in 1 Corinthians 15 that people will have a ressurection like that of Jesus.
- John the Divine teaches in Revelation that at the end of the world the dead will be raised and brought before God.
- Jesus taught that he would come again at the end of the world for a final judgement resulting in heave or hell.
- The major creeds of the Church teach that Jesus rose from the dead and that there will be life after death.